Please see below Items of Note following our PA Committee meeting on 16th January 2017.
Head lice pack
· Information Packs have now been distributed to all classes. However, Junior Infants was missed out in error so Ms Fahy will organise distribution of same immediately.
· We would also like to say a huge thanks to both Philippa Hudson and Gillian McKeon for all the work the put into compiling all the information and in particular to Gillian (who is a pharmacist) for supplying all the complimentary detection combs and folders.
· Ms Fahy informed the PA committee that First Confession will be held in the School Chapel while Communion will be held in Castleknock Parish church. Ms Fahy will send out a notice for First Confession once a date has been finalised and in addition she will also send out clarification re the Communion Venue.
· Ms Fahy will be sending letters to parents with instructions etc. on the use and signup of the app over the next few weeks.
· Sisters of Cluny sent their thanks for the chq of 550 Euro presented to them which is going towards a school in Haiti. This is the 25% charity contribution from funds raised at the Christmas Fair. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to bring your children to the fair. It was such a lovely day for everyone. Thanks again to all who donated to all the various stalls and raffles - we could not run these events without the generosity of parents.
· 312 Euro was also collected in the bottle for Brother Kevin for the Homeless. Again a big thank you for all those who contributed towards this collection.
· The 500 Euro collected as part of the Halloween Cake Sale has still to be presented to the charity Oakridge, Early Intervention Centre . Ms Fahy to organise.
Sub Committees & Social Events
· Building committee meeting was postponed before xmas and will now be rescheduled. On this agenda will be redoing markings in the yard for hopscotch etc..
· A note of thanks to the children of 6th class for the continuing support they provide during social events.
· Ms Fahy informed that Catholic Week will run from 30th Jan to 3rd Feb.
· Discussion held around the next social events:
o Friday 17th February - coffee morning in aid of Temple Street. Date. 50% of the funds collected will go towards projects in Temple Street.
o Friday 24th March - Family Quiz Event
Social Committee will communicate details nearer the dates.
IT Infrastructure for School
· Replacement of the Fizz books is still under review.
· Ms Fahy informed us that school will be in receipt of an IT Government Grant. Details of what this grant will be spent on will be communicated in due course.
Building Works for planned new School
· Ms Fahy informed committee that the Convent had generously gifted the school a section of land when plans are being discussed for the new school
· A number of enquiries from parents re the possibility of the introduction of a breakfast club/Afterschool facility in the school. Ms Fahy to discuss with the Staff to see if there is any interest from Staff members to co-ordinate. A follow up discussion on other options after this will be discussed at the next PA meeting.
· Ms Fahy acknowledged the generosity of the parents and children for the regifting scheme for Cross Care Homeless organisation in D15.
· Ms Fahy informed of the 8 week Fitness programme which has being launched in the school with all class participation.
· Ms Fahy advised that one class with be selected to learn the recorder with the support of the Ballyfermot School of Music.
If you have any feedback or queries please send them to email@example.com
Type the content of your page here