March 2013 Newsletter
See below for an update from the Parents Association meeting held on Monday 4th February 2012. The following is a short summary of that meeting:
Key dates for your diary
- March 8th (Friday): Family Quiz Night, starting at 7:30 pm
- March 11th/March 13th Bowling
- March 15th (Friday): School Ceili
- March 15th (Friday): Zoo Trip for Mrs. Duffy’s class
- March 22nd (Friday): Coffee Morning and Second Hand Book Fair including Easter egg raffle, in aid of the school.
Our coffee morning/book sale will commence at 9.30 for parents who can make it.
The children will be able to purchase books once the coffee morning finishes.
There will also be a donation box for parents at the coffee morning and all funds raised during the coffee morning and book sale will be for the school.
In addition to all the children’s and adult books being sought for the sale, can you please specifically look for books suitable for 5th and 6th classes, as previously they haven’t had much choice!
- May 17th (Friday): Confirmation
- May 18th (Saturday): First Communion
- May 24th (Friday): Social Night
Car Pooling Requirement
- 10 Pin bowling for 2nd -6th Class– Lesuireplex Blanchardstown SC is being held on either Monday 11th or Wednesday 13th between 12:15 – 2pm. Please keep an eye out from Mrs. Fahy / teacher looking to arrange lifts to and from Lesuireplex. It was noted that flat rubber soled shoes would be required to be worn by all pupils.
- 1st Class visit to Zoo for a “Discover Primary Science” talk , Friday 15th, please be aware lifts are being sought to drop and return the pupils at 9:30 am and 2:30 pm.
Many thanks to the fifth and sixth class parents who provided lifts to and support at the recent basketball and hockey games. Car pooling would be something that the school will be encouraging in the future as they go for the third green flag.
Other News / Items to Note
- A special thank you to all involved in making the first confession such a memorable night.
- The Barnardos red-day had been a great success raising €400 for the charity.
- Congratulations to the girls who participated in the recent Credit Union quiz, and as such the school received €500, which they have decided to put towards the purchase of new printers for the school. The girls had done very well at the quiz, coming second in their round, coming overall sixth place when they attended the All Ireland final.
- A thank you to the NPC, who gave a very informative talk on Internet Safety, the feedback from those who attended was very positive; please keep an eye on the site for links to very useful resources.
- A NPC Parenting course is being scheduled after school for 3 sessions, places are very limited, please advise your class representative if you wish to attend.
- A sincere thank you to all who have made the family contribution to the parents association, the funds have been used and are reserved for new furniture, laptops and printers, new novels for 2nd and 3rd class and many other items. Any outstanding contributions are always welcome.
- Finally, please remember birthday initiations are not to be handed out at the school and please keep the healthy eating policy in mind when preparing lunches.