Please see below Items of Note following our PA Committee meeting on 7th February 2017.
Head lice pack
It looks like we are short a number of Information Packs as some parent have advised us that they have not received them. Additional packs will be
available from the school office.
· Ms Fahy advised that there will be Tea & Coffee served in the Castleknock Parish Hall after Communion on 6th May for all parents.
· First Confession will be held in the School Chapel on March 7th
· Letter went out to all parents with instructions etc. on the use and signup of the app. Can all parents please sign up to the app as this will now be the main communication tool for the school.
Sub Committees & Social Events
· Two staff from Oakridge came to a school assembly where they were presented with the 500 euro raised at the Halloween coffee morning and cake sale. The ladies spoke to the girls about their service and how the money raised will go towards the building/planting of a sensory garden at the service. They also presented a thank you card made by the children who attend
Coffee Morning in aid of Temple Street
· Thanks to everyone who was involved in the coffee morning and cake sale which took place on Friday 17thth February. We raised over 1000 euro. 50% of the funds raised will be donated Temple Street to aid with the funding of a new classroom for the children and 50% to the parent’s association.
IT Infrastructure for School
· Ms Fahy informed that they were now in receipt of the IT Government grant and part of that grant was spent on replacing three projectors in the school.
· Unfortunately, after discussion with the staff, Ms Fahy informed the PA committee that due to the unavailability of the School Hall and the Junior Infants class both in the morning and afternoon that providing a breakfast club and afterschool service is not feasible.
· Surprise was expressed by a number of parents this month regarding the relatively low amount raised from last year’s family contribution (7400 euro). Every child in the school benefited from the contribution of a relatively small percentage of families. The Board of Management have always been cognisant of financial pressure that families can be under and make clear that who does/does not pay the family contribution is always kept in strictest confidence. The amount of 100 euro is a suggested amount per family but any amount is greatly appreciated by the school. In an ideal world, no school would have to ask parents to contribute towards items such as maintenance of the school, however, if you look at the breakdown of the use of the funds last year, a large bulk went on teaching aids/resources for the school. Although Scoil Mhuire is a small school, we want our children to have the access to the same resources, aids, up to date materials and environment that children in any other school would have.
· Just to clarify also, the family contribution funds go directly to the school (Board of Management) as opposed to the Parents Association. Also, we were also asked to clarify that any cheques can be made payable to Scoil Mhuire Mount Sackville. If any of you have any thoughts or ideas on this subject, do let us know.
· Ms Fahy has reiterated that the girls are not allowed on the avenue (the avenue runs from the front gate to the roundabout at the secondary school – and that there is still ongoing issues with traffic congestion in the morning. Ms Fahy will continue to send communication out to all parents to be cognisant of this.
· Ms Fahy informed us that there is to be a new post-primary school in Carpenterstown and Castleknock and it will be be under the patronage of the Edmund Rice Schools Trust. The new school will be a co-educational and non-fee paying.
· There was a Health & Safety Audit carried out in the school recently a couple of minor issues to be addressed:
o New fencing needed around the car park
o Possibly new railings on the steps to the garden.
· Ms Fahy advised that 6th class have been selected to learn the recorder with the support of the Ballyfermot School of Music.
If you have any feedback or queries please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type the content of your page here